My name is Rose. I am a Chicago girl who had a love affair with Mexico and ended up living there for three years. In this blog, I am going to share what it was like to live as an expat in a foreign country.
I will share with you the food, the culture and especially the language!! Basically, the good, the bad and the ugly! As well as the truly magical.
You can follow me on twitter @chirose23. I have also contributed submissions to Lesley Carter’s Bucket List Productions at http://www.bucketlistpublications.com/. My first submission is at http://www.bucketlistpublications.com/2013/09/10/climbing-palenque-in-the-mayan-jungle/
Also, I wrote 10 features for World Spa and Travel Magazine on their Travel Network blog. Unfortunately, these posts are no longer available on their website as they have changed their name to World Travel Magazine. Therefore, I have simply reposted 8 of them to my blog. I promise I’ll get around to posting the final two 🙂 Some titles include –
1) beyond tacos and margaritas
2) en la playa http://wp.me/p3irTD-Fi
3) Ruins schmuins..!! Where’s the mall..?! http://wp.me/p3irTD-5W
4) when in rome…I mean playa….have a drink or two… http://wp.me/p3irTD-Ic
5) bienvenida de nuevo..!! http://wp.me/p3irTD-Aq
6) en la selva http://wp.me/p3irTD-F4
7) Look. Look! is it a bird? is it a plane? omg – it’s just the sky! http://wp.me/p3irTD-4p
8) el grito..!! http://wp.me/p3irTD-xl
9) discover xcaret – mexico’s eco theme park
10) chela, chelada, mmm…michelada http://wp.me/p3irTD-fd
Finally, if you are wondering how I came up with the title for my blog, I will tell you.! It’s from my friend’s 9 year old daughter, Sasha. She was 6 at the time. She kept asking me how to say words in Spanish. The taco one sorta became a running joke between the two of us 🙂 Enjoy the story…