The last few days I have been thinking about Mexico. The reasons I moved there in the first place. The reasons I finally left. So I thought this week would be the perfect time to talk about why I loved living in Mexico.
1) The sky.! I know I have done a whole post about the sky before, but it is definitely worth mentioning again. It is clear, blue and perfect.!
courtesy of gettyimages.com
2) The beach.! I mean seriously where else is the water so blue and clear that you can see your toes.!
playa del carmen street
view from the ferry courtesy of my friend K.L.
3) Akumal Beach in particular.! I think this is the best beach on the planet. The water is beautiful and clear. There are turtles everywhere.! Just serene and everything a Corona commericial looks like.!
Akumal Beach courtesy of my friend C.H.
4) The moon.! Whenever, there is a full moon, it is always clear and bright in the night sky.! Just amazing.!
la luna courtesy of my friend F.R.
5) The sunrise.! It is tradition here in Playa del Carmen to wait for the sunrise after partying all night on New Year’s Eve. And it does not disappoint.!
sunrise courtesy of my friend F.R.
6) The Starbucks and the friendly baristas on Quinta Avenida and 28th Calle.! They make you feel right at home 🙂
feelin the love…
starbucks on quinta
7) The salsas.!! As you know, I have done a whole post on tacos and salsas.! So many choices so little time.! Yummy..!!
salsas courtesy of my friend K.C.
8) I miss micheladas.!! Especially now that it is warm in Chicago.! They would taste so good. I am going to have to figure out how to make them myself 🙂
michelada courtesy of girlichef.com
9) Meeting new people.! Playa is such an international town.! And I know, so is Chicago, but people are less likely to talk to you here. Whereas in Playa, everyone wants to get to know everyone.!
me and my friend A.A. courtesy of my friend K.L.
10) But mostly I miss my friends.! All of them.! And I think that is probably the real reason I miss Playa del Carmen.! In fact, you will notice, a lot of my photos in this post are courtesy of my friends.! But I know that through the wonderful social media platforms such as facebook, I stay connected. Plus, I will return one day to visit. And then, I will have a lovely cup of coffee with some of them and people watch on Quinta Avenida. And with the rest of my friends, I will have tasty micheladas at sunset on the beach.! I can’t wait to see their smiling faces again..!!
ula gula bar courtesy of my friend K.C.
co-workers courtesy of R.C.
wana bar courtesy of my friend P.T.
BBQ courtesy of J.C.